Friday 22 May 2009

Is It An Error Or Just A Thing Of Beauty


Noticing a new Hotspot on the Showcase part of Search, I teleported over to have a look. It is a place called Error, the write up says 'Looking to get lost? Hide out in Error, a desolate island far, far away from civilization.' I was curious to say the least, and when I landed there, there were a few people already exploring, the place looked well built, with a great attention to detail being paid to the somewhat dusty looking bleak landscape.
In front of me stood a building higher up on the hill, I climbed the steps and went inside, this was a shop with some little bits and pieces of uniforms and some boots for sale, my first thoughts were that I would find something to tell me why the place was called Error, but no clues were to be found in the shop. There was a boiler in the back room that was twisted and out of shape, perhaps the objects are supposed to be errors of some sort. The boots looked good (and I know someone who needs a pair, so I might drag him back there to buy some!), but other than that I had no idea.
Climbing back down I walked down towards the rocky beach and went up to a couple who stood there at the water's edge. I asked them if they knew what this place was about and the man said he hadn't got a clue either. I carried on walking and there were oil cans laying around and a rickety bridge from one island to another. I found a crooked tower which was quite pleasing to look at, perhaps this was an error being so crooked. I stood outside and shouted out to all on the island if they could tell me what it was all about. One person responded by saying it is a nice place to be and there were some things for sale. Well yes, he was right it is a beautifully built place and the sea and rock formations are stunning, but I would have liked to have known more about the name Error and if there was some secret meaning to it all. Perhaps you can tell me!! It's worth a visit though, even if you buy a pair of those nice boots.
Janey Bracken

2 comments:

  1. I guess part of the meaning is that we can gain something from the errors we make, usually knowledge, but in this case a pair of boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Story of my life!! I usually get the boot after making an error!!

    ReplyDelete