Wednesday 23 December 2009

From Cartoon Trees to Classic Beauty

Looking through showcase in the search menu I found a sim that looked interesting to visit, promising a classical city set in the 1900’s, and by the little picture on the landmark it looked stunning. I’m not going to name the sim here, as perhaps there is something I don’t know, maybe it’s not finished or maybe it is some sort of artwork that I don’t understand, but I landed in a dirt brown area with a bandstand in the middle and the whole place looked like a cartoon. Something for me seems to have been lost in the translation! I don’t get it, I thought SL was suppose to mimic real life, although of course, it doesn’t have to, it depends on what the land owner wants it to be. To make matters worse I was approached by someone who told me he had a thing about feet, he loved ladies feet and asked me if he could be my ‘footslave’. I had to politely decline his offer, but I hoped he would have a happy SL and find some nice feet on his travels, if that’s what he wanted.

I saw my friend Drax Ember come on line, so I called him over to ask his opinion about the trees and landscape of the sim, he agreed it was very cartoon like and he could not make it out either.

From there we went to perhaps one of the best winter sims in the whole of SL, it’s called Winter Village In Old Europe and it is truly beautiful with snowy streets and twinkling Christmas lights. The fact that there are people there all the time shows it has captured the right atmosphere for the season. You can ice skate or just wander around, and if you play the music, it will add to that Christmas feeling.

A stark contrast between two sims, but maybe I missed the point with the first one, I am a bit of a traditionalist I must admit, but the cartoon trees and sidewalks in the first sim are the most unusual I have seen in SL.





Janey Bracken






2 comments:

  1. Nice report Janey. I guess that first sim is meant to offer a surreal experience and I think you should credit the creator by naming it. The foot slave may be a bizarre part of it, on second thoughts probably not lol . Good to see Drax wearing proper clothes btw, ha ha :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's not fair to name the sim, I don't speak the language there, so I may have missed the point, or the showcase picture and info is wrong! but it is nothing like it advertises. I think Mr Foot Lover was just exploring when I met him, lol. Drax does look smart in his every day clothes, he even had a pair of decent shoes on for a change!

    ReplyDelete