Tuesday 29 June 2010

Captiva Island



While looking in the search showcase the other day I found an intriguing description for a place called Captiva Island . It said “A moss giant guards the entrance to this underground cave where a troll waits to snatch up unsuspecting visitors. Find the secret door and be transported inside the mystic tree, a world full of mutant plants and mysterious creatures.” I have never been able to turn down an opportunity to see mutant plants and mysterious creatures so I tp’d over. Entering the cave I found a rocky interior with a water covered floor and the promised troll. I did spend a bit of time in a cage next to the troll, but was able to get out and continue searching for the mysterious door. A very kind avatar pointed it out to me and I went through. I found myself in a beautiful forest, full of huge, glowing plants and trees as well as some jewel like insects. I walked around, first stopping at a campfire where I sat and warmed my hands, then continuing along the paths which wound throughout the forest.


At one point I fell into some quicksand and thought I was done for, but fortunately I was able to extricate myself with some difficulty and continue my explorations. I came upon a second fire and had a little rest there, lying down on a log and munching on a glowfruit. From that position I spied what looked like a sheltered resting place on a leaf-hammock, so I climbed up to it and lay down for a little while (I was still tired from my experience in the quicksand), but after a couple of minutes I had the distinct feeling that I was being watched. Sneaking a look around I saw, to my horror, that a large lizard-like beast was staring at me intently. I thought it best to leave as quickly and quietly as possible, which I did.
Hurrying away from the creature I came upon another door and slipped through it, only to end up in a cavern full of boulders and spiders! Not liking spiders at all I retreated through the door and back into the forest where I took a path in the opposite direction from the lizard creature. I discovered yet another door. Opening it and crossing the threshold I plunged onto the deck of a ship being tossed about on a stormy sea. It was difficult finding my footing at first but I was able to master walking around on the deck after a bit of trial and error, and soon found myself standing guard and looking out across the ocean. Feeling even more daring I swung around on one of the ropes and then tried balancing on another. That was quite a feat and I felt after that that it was time for me to return to my peaceful home, where I could sit in front of my fireplace in safety and comfort.
Hibiscus Hastings

4 comments:

  1. You always seem to get into bother on your travels Hib, maybe just an unlucky choice... but with a name like Captiva Island! What were you thinking of? he he. Were you hoping for a gallant knight to come by and rescue you? I try to stick to sims with food in the title lol.

    Ed :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Food, what a great idea, Ed, I will keep it in mind! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you get there i cant even find it on the serch bar :(?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi anon, sorry didn't notice your comment was sitting there unpublished, my apologies! I took a look at Captiva Island and although I found the sim it looks like someone else has taken it over, as it doesn't look the same as when Hib visited there. Nothing stays the same in SL, things are always moving, changing or just disappearing!

    Janey :)

    ReplyDelete