Sunday 4 April 2010

There's a Lot to See at Delestra Quest


I must admit I’m not very good at on-line games, but the wonderful imagination used to make sims more interesting by giving people goals is quite amazing. I went over to a site called Delestra Quest and there is certainly a lot to see there, even if you don’t join the quest itself.

Arriving in a castle greeting area, I was confronted by a very eerie cloaked figure who asked me to take the HUD so that I could join in the quest. What I liked about this was that there was no complicated meter to wear, just a simple Head’s Up Display that gave you clues. There are also constant references back to web pages where you can learn more.

I wandered around trying to find things, and was very struck with the detail of the sim, the interior of the castle and the lighting gave it a real atmosphere. The floating dockyard is a very unusual place and the boats harboured there are strange looking with orange sails. I travelled quickly through Delestra to see what was there and I need to go back to do the quest and find the objects along the way. I reached one place where molten lava pours along the landscape and I couldn’t figure out how to cross it without burning to death, cross it I did though and I was burned to death! (so the text told me!!). I reached an underground chamber and scurried down the stairs, once inside I wandered around in the dark little passages and got totally lost!! Well that’s just me, I am very challenged with going in the right direction even above ground!!

The description reads ‘Delestra is a dark sim with a secret. Explore the floating dockyard, gothic castle, temple, oriental village and deep labyrinth, talking to creatures and finding clues and artefacts as you go. Unravel the puzzles and Delestra's hidden secret will be yours.’

Have some fun and take your time to explore this fantastic sim, I cheated because I wanted to see it quickly, but with time to do it all properly it looks like a very good quest indeed.

Janey Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment