Sunday 6 September 2009

Beautiful Seas and Real Waves!


Second Life is getting pretty realistic with a lot of the special effects that have been added lately. Water is, without a doubt, one of the nicest things in the virtual world and with the reflections and the different daytime settings, you can see some wonderful seascapes and rivers.

Looking at the recent ads on the first page of ‘Search’ I thought I would take a look at something called ‘Collection 2010 is here, The New Real Waves’ Teleporting over to a place called ‘My Paradise’, I saw some swirling seas crashing against some dramatic looking rocks. The sim also has lots of lovely palm trees and Tiki huts and rafts. I watched as the sea foamed and hit the rocks causing a mist, changing the environment settings, I saw the light hit the waves with an array of different hues.

The sim and the artwork is created by Antreas Alter and I think this is quite remarkable, not because of the beauty of it all, but also because you can buy your own set of rocks and waves and it doesn’t use any of the prims on your land. In fact it is meant to be rezzed on your land then edited to be moved over the sim border into the sea area beyond. It is entirely phantom so it cannot be crashed into, and to be honest it looks stunning.

I took a chance of bought a set of the rocks and waves and took them home to my little beach fronted land. Once there, I opened the box and rezzed the objects on my land before pushing them out past the sim edge. It completely transformed my view, adding interest to what was a flat sea in front of my house. I am so happy with it, plus if you had a big enough property you can copy it too, turning it around to make it look different. You also get a menu to control the type of waves, from a calm sea through to a stormy one. Antreas you are a star, and it was only 399 Lindens too, money well spent!!



Janey Bracken

5 comments:

  1. The pictures are beautiful, I will have to go and check this sim out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for showing it to me this weekend! The visuals for the water are stunning when compared with normal SL fare. It's hard to believe that such a realistic (and beautiful!) look can be accomplished with the use of so few prims!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hib, yes it's a lovely place to visit and well worth a look.

    Thanks Drax, I'm glad you liked the waves when I installed them, I think they look really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stumbled uppon this blog by accident and felt like saying a warm THANK YOU for all your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Antreas,

    Thank you for reading the blog. I think your work is absolutely stunning! I have the waves at my home and they look beautiful!

    Best Wishes
    Janey :)

    ReplyDelete