Friday 4 September 2009

Budget Accomodations in Second Life


You can have a very enjoyable Second Life with a small amount of money. This is partly due to the fact that there are so many freebies available, clothes, hair, skins, cars, planes and even houses. A little goes a very long way.



My friend Boye and I were talking about free houses we had picked up over time. I occasionally think of buying some land and putting a home on it, and if I ever do I am all set. The only problem is prim count, many of the freebies are high in prims.


I was very fortunate to have won a beautiful Japanese tea house a few weeks ago from a Midnight Mania board at The Zen Garden & Imperial City. Midnight Mania boards can be found in many shops and are very simple to use. The boards are set up with a prize of some sort, and if a certain number of people click on the board and add their names they will all win the prize if a pre-set number is met. The owner decides on the number of people needed, I have seen it set to between 50 and 300.

I rezzed my new home in a sandbox, and took Boye around for a tour. The house is completely furnished and is two storeys high. You enter through a small garden area out front, complete with a buddah, and then go through to a living –dining room area. On the second floor there is a bedroom, a shower room, relaxing area, and outside on a terrace, a hot tub. The detail is good, hence the 251 prims, and the furniture and decoration is lovely, it would be a very tranquil and pleasant place to live.


Now Boye, on the other hand, has picked up some rather unusual buildings. On May 5 I wrote about a doss house he had acquired, he seemed to quite enjoy playing the slumlord part. He also is the proud owner of a butcher shop that he found in Hobo Town. I rather nervously entered the shop, which was blood spattered and not too hygienic in appearance. Boye got out his lab coat-come-butcher’s apron and put it on, then rezzed a rather dangerous looking knife which he proceeded to wield with great dexterity. He also had a rather nasty glint in his eye!


Fortunately he put the shop and the knife away, so I was safe for today. But I am not too sure about what he is hiding in his inventory.

Hibiscus Hastings

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful house that you won Hib, so many features in it too!! I think I will have to treat Boye with some respect! that knife looks a lot sharper than my dagger!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my part, I adopted the stance of my local butcher when I asked him if he had any vege-bergers.BJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, sooo funny!!! he must have been quite cut up about that request!!! you should have given him the chop! or was there a lot at steak?

    ReplyDelete