Tuesday 15 September 2009

Exploring Bohemia

I travelled over to the SL Czech Republic – Bohemia today to have a look around. It is somewhere that the Czech and Slovak people can go to speak their own language, all the signage and information is written in Czech, although there is a little English on the greeting notecard as you land there. The notecard states that ‘BOHEMIA is a starting point for all the Czechs and Slovaks in Second Life, who can talk in their first language here, get some free gear for their avatars, get some information about what they can do in Second Life, what some interesting places are, when and what events are going on in the city or how can one make some money in Second life, etc. The old town square in BOHEMIA is built in the typical style of older Czech cities.’

It is a nicely built sim and there were a few people gathered together for a chat near the teleport area. I wandered around and spotted a car that I could drive (well I tried to drive it!!) I had someone get in with me (why do I always get the ones in their underwear!), but I think he was sorry once I pulled away, as he quickly disappeared as I careered into pavements and walls. I came out near where the people were standing and thought it was a good idea to abandon the car before I ploughed into them!

Moving on I found the real life telephone company O2 had an office there, as did the Czech Republic Police. I had a look around the Police Station and went upstairs only to be shut in one of the cells (I think they must have seen my driving!!). There are a few more real life companies in the sim as well, so it looks like they are really acknowledging the 3D revolution in Czechoslovakia.

The sim is a nice tranquil place and it looks like they have lots of fun events going on, I can imagine a lot of the Czechoslovakian and Slovakian people making it their SL home.
Janey Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment