Friday 19 June 2009

Where Eagles Soar!! The Garden of Da Vinci


There is a very pretty sim called the Garden of Da Vinci. The write up says ‘Experience the Renaissance and explore the varied landscape of the Garden of Da Vinci. I teleported over and landed among the well detailed landscape, choosing the path straight in front of me I entered the base of a volcano and crossed a bridge over fiery molten lava crackling and hissing below. Further along there was a staircase and this took me up to a comfortable seating area. There are plenty of cosy little spots all over the sim for couples to sit, and it is an ideal place to bring your partner for a romantic evening.

Leaving the volcano, I headed in the other direction to explore the many buildings, beautiful domed structures with spiral staircases leading up and up into the sky. I must admit I’m not that good at climbing those, so it proved a bit tricky for me, but if you have the knack you can reach the top without any bother. It’s nice to stop anyway now and again, to take in the breathtaking views of the rest of the sim, it’s quite enchanting!
Reaching the top of one of the domed towers, I entered a room and found myself inside a giant telescope, sitting in the chair, I spied through the lens at the stars.

The only thing I would say, is that once up into those towers, there doesn’t appear to be a quick way down, oh I know you can fly, but a teleport button to go back would have been a good idea, maybe there was one there and I missed it thought.

I found an Eagle perched down below on the hillside, waiting to take people on a tour of the sim. I clambered on board and off we went, soaring over the buildings and it was great, it all looks really nice from an eagle-eyed view. He took me to a mountain top where other eagles were taking to the wing and I walked among the pretty wild flowers.

There is a small mosaic dance floor in one part of the sim, and it is in keeping with the rest of the structures, it is all very tastefully built and once again it is a nice place to bring your SL love. You could go scuba diving as well, although I never experienced this, I will probably go back to have a go very soon. All in all it is a fantastic sim and well worth a visit, and to top it all, in spite of all the buildings there, it didn't seem to be too laggy. I hope you can get around easily too if you take a look.

















2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sim - I'm looking forward to returning and spending more time looking around. It will be fun discovering all the hidden nooks and crannies!

    - Drax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes there did seem to be a lot of little nooks and crannies! perhaps we can explore them together!!

    ReplyDelete