Sunday 28 June 2009

Hair Fair 2009


One of the great joys of SL for me, and I am sure for many others, is the opportunities it provides to change appearance. And this includes hair! In fact, the very first change I made to myself was to my hair, I turned it pink and I thought I looked so cool. Scary to think of now and fortunately there are no pictures of me from that time, with my cardboard newbie hair turned cotton candy pink, but this was just the beginning of many hair trials, disasters, and triumphs, too. One of my first great triumphs was actually to be able to change my hair and not go around bald or with hair on top of my newbie hair. Once I had managed to do that I began to feel that SL was a possibility for me.


This universe of hair is now on display at the Second Life Hair Fair 2009. I popped over there to check it out. Many different merchants have set up shop, so it is a convenient way to see what’s out there. There is quite a bit of lag, but it is worthwhile stopping by anyway to see all the different styles available. As well proceeds from the sale of certain hairs from each merchant are being donated to Locks of Love and some places have freebies or dollarbies. I picked up three different hairs from the Analog Dog display – Cafe (in chestnut) a dark honey blond hairstyle, Embrace – (in sky) a fantasy hair for when I am feeling blue, and Maddy (in bleached) curly and flexi, what I think of as typical Analog Dog. The area itself is colourful, designed along a “Candyland” theme, if you who remember that old board game.

The Hair Fair has been running for a week, with another week to go.




Hibiscus Hastings

No comments:

Post a Comment