Sunday 29 March 2009

The BrimStone






I bumped into an old friend of mine Lambor Tungsten, a few months back and he told me that along with a friend of his Badd Coba, that he was in the proses of designing and building a new nightclub. I wished him well, and went on my way thinking no more about it.

Last week however I was reminded of my chat with Lambor, when I received an invitation to the grand opening of 'The BrimStone' the best nightclub in all of Second Life! I immediately got in touch with Lambor, and he excitedly told me all about the plans for the 'grand opening' of the BrimStone. He said "Badd Coba and I have been working really hard to get this club up and running, and we hope to build up a strong and regular list of members, who will keep coming back to the club because they enjoy it". The club is situated in the Liberty Central area of Second Life, (and can be found if you type The BrimStone into the search box). Lambor went on to tell me he was expecting a packed house for the opening night. As well as dj's and dancers they are hoping to have at least one live band on. I decided that I would go and have a look round the club early, before it officially opened. I have to say I was impressed! standing outside the club you feel like your about to walk into something from a Hollywood awards ceremony, with the red carpet and the spotlights that slowly change colour beaming into the night sky, made me feel welcome and the need to walk into the club. The inside has everything you would expect to see, with the regular dance balls, lights and a well stocked bar. The stage area is large with plenty of room for the bands to perform. There is also a booth for the disc jockey's, with what seems like reinforced glass all around it, maybe for safety reasons? or is it to stop the over eager ladies from throwing themselves on to the handsome dj's! The music they favour is more to the heavy side of rock, but i know they will adapt to suit the occasion or if you have a musical request. I was just about to leave, when i noticed right in the middle of the dance floor a pole! not just any pole, but a dance pole and this one's got my name written all over it! I've always wanted to give it a try, so a quick look around to make sure no one is watching, and I grab the pole with the delicate touch of a bull elephant lol. However a click or two later i was dancing! sliding up and down the pole like a professional. Glad no one was there to see me though, best to ware shorts or jeans really, and not a short skirt, especially as i was commando that day!!! Sadly I missed the grand opening night as it started way past my bedtime. Lambor told me that he wants to keep the club open all the time, with wall to wall music, live bands and special events with lots of lovely lindens to be won. As well as all that, there is a sploder and even a trivia quiz game. So next time you feel like clubbing the night away, why not jump into a taxi, and get yourself down to The BrimStone, your not only guaranteed to have a good time, but you could even end up going home with more money than you started with.






Pixi

No comments:

Post a Comment