Monday 24 August 2009

So you Wanna Be A Cowboy!!!


There are quite a few role playing sims in SL, places like Gor have many followers and some sims are run strictly to the rules, while others tend to be more relaxed. If you are looking for role play it can be quite tricky to find a good sim where the people are serious about the storylines. You may come across a group of people only to find they are talking about what they had for dinner! But then again there are a lot of good ones out there.

People love Westerns no matter where they are in the globe, everyone wants to be Clint Eastwood in a Fistful of Dollars, well here’s your chance! A sim called Cripple Creek, Colorado (the year is set to 1860 for the role play) offers everything that a cowboy or cowgirl would want, wide open country to ride your horse, authentic looking towns and you can pick your role, honest citizen, native Indian or even an outlaw if you like!

I went there the other day with good friend Drax Ember, who looked like a cool Dude with his 1800’s Wild West suit and cowboy boots (yes he bought a lovely pair of boots there, the shops in the sim are great). I wanted to be Annie Oakley and wear my jeans and shoot everyone, but reading the rules, trousers of any sort of are a ‘no no’ for any women in the sim, it tells you that they were simply not worn in those days. I had no option other than to get my one Victorian Dress out and wear that. So looks like more shopping for me for some suitable dresses!!
We rode around on our horses saying ‘Howdy folks’ to the people we met, who seemed very friendly and happy to see us. You wear a health meter while you are in the sim and my vitality level dropped right down to 38% by the end. I had been trying to keep up with Drax who galloped ahead of me, my poor horse was exhausted, I reckon it’s those new cowboy boots of his, all I could see was a clean pair of heels…...




Janey Bracken







7 comments:

  1. Nice looking group of sims. You can travel from one to another seamlessly. The terrain reminds me of the West as well. The only disappointing part was that there were so few people when we were there. I'm sure it will get busier though, we just have to be there at the right time!

    -Drax

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really nice. Thanks Janey for posting this, I should take my horse out for a ride, he needs the exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to dress in all those period clothes too, being that you already have some Victorian costumes Hib you would fit in straight away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have obtained a large collection of free cowboy clothes from these wild west sims. One set even came with a cowboy skin and shape, a tall lean mean looking character, bronzed and weather beaten. The health meter had me thinking, I assume your health declines when other cowboys take pot-shots at you. I am sure if I was to go there again in my Victorian evening dress wearing a top hat, my health would be zero in about 3 minutes. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny Boye, you ought to try it just to see if they do take pot-shots!! I think my vitality may have gone down because the people told us we could get something to eat and we didn't do that, can't think of any other reason, have to stop for a plate of grits or whatever they are called next time, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, a plate of grits sounds good! I like grits, mind you I like everything. I have a nice piece of cherry cheesecake in my inventory, remind me to give you some so you won't go hungry next time.
    Boye, I thought the top hat was bullet-proof.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not to sure what grits are, think Drax may have explained them once, but I keep thinking it's porridge! Now Cherry cheesecake sounds just up my street!! think I need some of that on the lonesome trail!! A bullet proof top hat? now there's a thought!!

    ReplyDelete