Tuesday 11 August 2009

Venus and Mars Visit the Knightsbridge Gallery


The Knightsbridge Gallery is one of my favourite galleries in Second Life because of the diversity and high quality of the exhibitions held there. The work of Nicci Lane is currently on display and I recently wrote it up for my recent write up for Virtually London (lite). After telling my friend Boye about the exhibition, we decided to go visit it together, which turned out to be an interesting and surprising experience.
We stopped at one painting entitled “Jungle Hue” and I commented on how I enjoyed its organic nature, which I ascribed to the flowers visible in the work, as well as the sinuous shapes winding throughout the background. Boye on the other hand said that it looked to him like a circuit board with edge connectors running around the periphery of the work. What a completely different way of seeing it! Visit the gallery and you be the judge, please feel free to comment on the blog, I would love to find out what people think.
Hibiscus Hastings

No comments:

Post a Comment