Thursday 29 October 2009

The Amazing Enchantment Island


Many of the places you visit in SL have nothing much going on, although a lot of work has been put into making the sims eye catching and pretty, most are just nice gardens or beach resorts. It was with this thought in mind that I teleported over to somewhere called Enchantment Island, but how wrong could I be about this sim!

Enchantment Island has so many sights and things to do that you will have to go back time and time again in case you have missed something. Owner BambiTwice Nitely must be one of the most creative people in SL, she has crammed so much into the Island and all of it well worth seeing.

On arrival, as you click the notice board which shows all the attractions, you are given a notecard with a list of the places and landmarks to use, so it's nicely organised and you can visit each place without getting lost (which was helpful to me, because I usually get totally lost whilst exploring!).

On the Island there is the Great Marine Adventure with a Treasure Hunt and a large selection of marine life to see, including some free gifts on the way too. You can also visit the Swampy Marsh, The Museum of Amazing Illusions, go on a Sub-aqua Tour, visit the Ghost House, Alchemist's Grotto, Cave of Dreams, The Eerie Woodland Glade, the Museum of Surrealism, plus you can experience a Mega-Bubble-Mania ride. Also on the Island there is the Club Tornada and Community shops, which sell some mystical and wonderful items.

I went over to the haunted house and instantly fell down into a trap just outside the front door, it was a ditch full of spiders, not for the faint hearted! I climbed out and went into the haunted house, which was fun. Inside there is an entrance to an 'Adult' rated crypt which lies below the house, and I ventured down there with a little apprehension in respect of what I would see. You have to be age verified before you can enter this part, and choosing one of the three doors, I fell down into what looked like the inside of someones gullet. I was met with some gruesome sights there! It was more difficult climbing back up, but I made it in the end. Just outside the haunted house there is a small graveyard with some wacky headstones bearing inscriptions such as 'Not Over My Dead Body' and 'Bye' etc. There's also a memorial to Michael Jackson as well.

I moved on to see what the Museum of Amazing Illusions had in store, and this was fantastic. Bambi is exhibiting other SL inventor's works in the museum and there are many interactive things to do. I became a giant spider in one illusion and in another I lost my head in a bowl of fruit and hoped no one else came by fancying such an odd looking apple!
I met one of the museum security guards, Alf Brun, who was having a nap, or I thought he was, but he was very alert when I spoke to him. It did cross my mind that he might want to go out for a drink with our very own Old Bert, as they looked a similar age, I will have to introduce them one day! Alf told me about the other Museum on the Island called The Museum of Surrealism and he said that the Mega-Bubble-Mania ride was also great to go on. Saying goodbye to Alf, and letting him nod off again, I went on my way and came across a Hall of Mirrors. This was really nice, lots of things to look at again, including a little train travelling around the room with it's deep reflection in the shiny marble surface of the floor.

I had to go back to real life, but came back later with my friend Drax Ember who liked the sim as well. We explored the Museum of Surrealism, which had some amazing exhibits including a copy of Andy Warhol's sofa, shaped like a pair of red lips. We had a little sit down before moving on to the caves and finally to the Mega-Bubble-Mania ride. Alf was right, this ride is not to be missed, it was very exciting and well done, Drax and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Give yourself plenty of time to go and explore BambiTwice Nitely's incredible SL world. I promise you, you won't be bored wandering around Enchantment Island!




Janey Bracken







1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great sim, aside from the spiders! Not too sure about that, lol. However, I will have to go over, it is too interesting to miss. I will pass the word on to Old Bert, too.

    ReplyDelete