Thursday 8 October 2009

Lunatics in SL


I’ve always noticed changes in people’s behaviour based around the phases of the moon. It was a full moon on the 4th October and you could almost hear SL creaking with all the wacky people who roamed the sims looking for someone to vent their oddness on. The power of the moon affects the tides and the weather in real life and I’m sure it brings out the ‘lunacy’ in certain people both in the real world and the virtual one! It would seem that these poor souls are still feeling the effects, I went over to one of the SL stores yesterday, only to be confronted by a huge pink avatar who blew me a kiss as he arrived. As I didn’t run away, he did the usual bumping into me routine that some newbies love so much, then he went off, with me in hot pursuit. I was being a little bit wicked by going after him and he tried to get away. When I cornered him he gave up and teleported out in a puff of smoke. Not a word was said!

Then later on, while I was dancing in the Underground Club, trying to relax after a long day, I noticed an avatar moving slowly round the edge of the dance floor. He had a mask over his face and a drawn dagger in his hand. His profile stated one word ‘Gangster’ and he came and stood menacingly behind reporter Ed Follet whose back was to him. Being SL no one took any notice and we all carried on, had this been real life there would have been something to worry about. This was another newbie (or maybe not, who can tell!) and another player bringing his madness to the fore.

As we have Halloween on the 31st October I expect a lot more strangeness in SL, so be prepared, anything can happen…….
Janey Bracken

3 comments:

  1. These lunatics look the part too. That mound of pink blubber with the staring eyes would probably not be able to type more than a couple of letters so its not surprising nothing was said.
    BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it Janey, you should have warned me. Another chance to try out my Ju-Jitsu missed! (maybe you did but I was distracted lol).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Boye,

    Yes I think you are right about that, when he blew a kiss at me I waved at him and he didn't know what to do, I bet he doesn't look like that in a few weeks time!

    Hi Ed,

    I thought I better not tell you at the time because you might have Ju-Jitsu'd him to death with one blow! I know how accurate you can be with that!!

    Thank you both for your comments, Janey :))

    ReplyDelete